Governing Ourselves informs members of legal and regulatory matters affecting the profession. This section provides updates on licensing and qualification requirements, notification of Council resolutions and reports from various Council committees, including reports on accreditation and discipline matters.
Council Summary — December 5–6, 2013
At its December 5–6 meeting, College Council approved:
- a framework for the issuance of professional advisories
- the appointment of Robert Gagné as Chair of the Discipline Committee and as a member of the Executive Committee
- April 7, 2015, as the date of the next Council election
- amending College bylaws to make it mandatory for members to provide their email addresses to the College
- appointed Lori Lukinuk, Professional Registered Parliamentarian, as a presiding officer for the remainder of the term of the sixth College Council effective December 5, 2013
- the 2014 College budget of $39,568,000 with capital expenditures of $1,718,382 and additional reserves of $78,654 based on an annual membership fee of $150 effective January 1, 2014.
- At a special meeting on December 6, 2013, College Council approved:
- a change in College bylaws to enable setting the annual membership fee at $150 for 2014 and for subsequent years until amended.