Governing Ourselves informs members of legal and regulatory matters affecting the profession. This section provides updates on licensing and qualification requirements, notification of Council resolutions and reports from various Council committees, including reports on accreditation and discipline matters.
At its June 4– 5, 2015, meeting, College Council:
- amended the Guidelines for the Compensation of Council Members, Roster Members, Members-at-Large and Institutional Nominees
- approved destroying electronic ballots associated with the 2015 Council election
- approved continuing the public presentations pilot at Council meetings and that the Executive Committee provides a review and recommendation in June 2017
- approved a corporate donation policy for the College’s scholarship program
- referred recommendations contained in a report from the Public Interest Committee to the seventh Council for consideration
- accepted the December 31, 2014, audited financial statements of the Ontario College of Teachers
- reappointed PwC as auditors for the 2015 fiscal year
- approved the Professional Advisory — Duty to Report
- approved that the Chair of Council shall be responsible for the review and approval of the CEO and Registrar’s expense claims
- amended Guidelines for the Provision of Laptop Computers and Accessories for Council Members
- approved revisions to the Professional Development Policy for Council Members, including an additional travel allowance for Council members who live far from major transportation hubs, subject to the approval of the Council Chair
- amended the Council Member Travel Policy
- amended College bylaws affecting Council member travel, expenses, remuneration, professional development activities and the use of computers or other electronic devices
- approved that, where feasible, every vote at a Council meeting shall be taken via vote tabulation software and recorded in the minutes of that meeting.
Council Summary — July 6, 2015
At its inaugural meeting of the seventh Council on July 6, 2015, College Council:
- elected Angela De Palma, OCT, to Chair of Council
- elected Myreille Loubert, OCT, to Vice-Chair of Council
- appointed Committee members and chairs
- appointed members of the Executive Committee.