Best in Class
Here are the Top 10 ways Ontario Certified Teachers engage their students in learning, courtesy of our latest poll.
Illustration: Jeannie Phan
- Support the social and collaborative elements of learning.
- Incorporate multiple ways of knowing into learning experiences (such as visual, auditory, kinesthetic, socio-emotional, experiential and outdoor).
- Create multiple avenues for individual support and feedback.
- Celebrate the joy and creativity associated with learning.
- Connect learning to the identities, cultures, interests, goals and lived experiences of learners.
- Create opportunities for self and group reflection and assessment.
- Organize learning opportunities into modules or small units.
- Innovate and experiment with a range of online platforms, tools and resources.*
- Promote and honour the voice, leadership, efficacy and perspectives of students.
- Invite learners to critically explore issues around social justice and equity.
* This was the #1 response for teachers working with online classrooms.