Summary – March & April 2007
At its March meeting, College Council:
- appointed Cynthia Farrar to fill the Council vacancy in the Northeast Ontario full-time position
- appointed Lise Roy-Kolbusz as Deputy Registrar of the Ontario College of Teachers
- directed the Chair of Council to write to the Minister of Education to support the government's dual credit initiative while expressing concern about an option that would enable students to take courses delivered solely by a community college professor or instructor
- approved the establishment of a roster of panelists for the Fitness to Practise Committee
- approved a schedule of Council and Executive Committee meetings for 2006–09.
At a special meeting on April 12, College Council:
- accepted the December 31, 2006 Consolidated Financial Statements of the Ontario College of Teachers
- approved that the unappropriated account in the College budget be set at $500,000
- approved that the Reserve for Stabilization of Facility Costs be set at $6 million
- approved that the Reserve for Fee Stabilization be set at $3,422,000
- approved that the Reserve for Working Capital be set at $5,383,000
- reappointed Pricewaterhouse-Coopers as auditors for the 2007 fiscal year
- approved College principles for the purchase of goods and services
- approved proposed amendments to Regulation 72/97, General, regarding the Public Interest Committee and conflict of interest.