Call for nominations
The College is now accepting nominations for 23 positions on the Council.
To serve on Council, you must:
- be a member of the College in good standing
- reside in Ontario
- meet the specific residential
or employment requirements for the position you are seeking
- be employed by a board, school authority or other employer’s
regular teaching staff
- not be employed, elected or appointed to the executive of one of
13 provincial organizations listed on this page or to the position
of president of a local branch of these organizations before you take
your seat in November
- meet the terms of the conflict-of-interest guidelines set out in
You must meet all these requirements to be nominated, except the one
requiring you to resign a post in the organizations listed to the right
on this page.
The nomination form contains an attestation that you must sign, undertaking
to meet all of these requirements before you take your seat on Council.
This attestation applies particularly to employment criteria and appointed
or elected officials of any of the organizations listed on this page.
A nomination form is included with this special edition.
Additional copies of the nomination form are available at:
- www.oct.ca or
- the election information line at
- 416-961-8800 or toll-free in Ontario at 1-888-534-2222, ext 559
- e-mail at email@example.com.
The Minister of Education has directed that the College’s election
regulation 293/00 be amended to ensure that employees as well as provincially
elected or appointed officials and local presidents of any of these 13
provincial organizations be required to resign such posts and obtain
the necessary employment before taking an elected position on the College
- Association des directions et directions adjointes des écoles
- Association des enseignantes et des enseignants franco-ontariens
- Association des gestionnaires de l’éducation franco-ontarienne
- Catholic Principals’ Council of Ontario
- Council of Ontario Directors of Education
- Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario
- Ontario Catholic Supervisory Officers’
- Ontario English Catholic Teachers’
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- Ontario Principals’ Council
- Ontario Public Supervisory Officials’
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers’
- Ontario Teachers’ Federation